Buyer: Address: Telephone: Email: Puppy Purchase Price: _________ Sex: _________ Color: ___________ AKC #: _____________ Date of Birth: ____________________
1. The above-described puppy is sold under the terms of this Companion/Pet Contract. All parties to this contract agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth herein.
2. Seller guarantees this puppy is healthy and free of any infectious diseases as of the date of this contract. Simultaneous with the execution of this contract, Seller will provide to Buyer the original State of Florida Health Certificate documenting the specific results of a medical examination performed by a licensed veterinarian of the puppy conducted on or prior to the date of this contract. Examination by a veterinarian at the expense of Buyer is recommended within 5 business days of taking custody of the puppy. If the puppy is found to be of unsatisfactory health during this 5-business day timeframe, and Buyer provides Seller with written documentation from a licensed veterinarian, to include relevant lab testing and results, of the unsatisfactory health condition, along with the puppy and the American Kennel Club (AKC) registration papers, Seller agrees to replace the puppy with the next available puppy or refund the purchase price of the puppy. This guarantee excludes a diagnosis of internal and/or external parasites.
3. This puppy is being sold to Buyer as a companion pet. The puppy is of good temperament at the time of the sale and has received appropriate socialization for its age. Seller takes no responsibility for behavioral abnormalities that develop due to lack of proper training, discipline, and socialization after 14 days from the date of transfer to Buyer. Refunds and replacements are not appropriate is such situations.
4. There are certain primary health issues found within the Standard Poodle Breed. As a general rule, the best health guarantee available to a Buyer is to insure their new puppy comes from health tested breeding stock. Both the Sire and the Dam have been fully health tested for Hip Dysplasia, Eyes, Thyroid, Heart, Neonatal Encephalopathy, and Von Willebrand’s disease and have been deemed “NORMAL/CLEAR”. Complete health testing records and results for both Sire and Dam are available for viewing on the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) website, www.ofa.org.
(a) Under the terms of this contract, Seller guarantees this puppy will be free from hip dysplasia, cataracts, genetic heart disease, and von Willebrand’s disease for a period of 3 years from the date of birth of the puppy. If the puppy should develop one of more of the conditions listed in the preceding sentence, Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy under this contract is for Seller to provide a replacement puppy to Buyer if one is available or a full refund of the original purchase price, provided Buyer returns the puppy to Seller along with documentation from a licensed veterinarian confirming the condition of the puppy and also returns the AKC registration papers to Seller. Buyer acknowledges and agrees that Seller may confer with such veterinarian regarding the testing and diagnosis of the condition. Seller agrees to then replace the puppy with the next available puppy or refund the purchase price of the puppy. The Orthopedic Foundation for Animals, Inc. (OFA) is the final authority to evaluate for hip dysplasia. A copy of OFA hip dysplasia results obtained by Buyer will be provided to Seller. An OFA Companion Animal Eye Registry (CAER) examination performed by a board certified (CVO) veterinary ophthalmologist is the final authority to evaluate for cataracts in eyes. A copy of OFA CAER results obtained by Buyer will be provided to Seller.
(b) There are primary health issues in the Standard Poodle Breed for which there are no specific genetic tests available. Seller cannot guarantee your puppy will not develop a genetic health issue in which there is no reliable specific genetic test available. Therefore, Seller cannot guarantee for any other genetic or potentially genetic health issues to include but limited to: Seizures; Cancer; Addison’s Disease; Bloat, or Sebaceous Adenitis.
5. Under the terms of this contract, Buyer is solely responsible for any and all veterinary expenses incurred after the transfer of ownership from Seller to Buyer as of the date hereof. Seller has no requirement or obligation to pay for veterinary expenses which occur after the transfer of ownership of this puppy or to reimburse Buyer for their veterinary expenses. Buyer agrees to complete the “puppy vaccine protocol” within the prescribed time frame if not previously completed by Seller. Buyer shall also comply with their State regulations pertaining to vaccination for “Rabies”.
6. Buyer agrees to provide adequate housing, grooming, and to confine this puppy in a fenced yard or kennel run or walk the puppy on a leash for adequate exercise. The puppy shall not be confined on a fixed rope or chain or allowed to run loose in an unfenced area without supervision and adequate obedience training.
7. Buyer understands that this puppy is being sold as a Companion Pet, that it was registered with the AKC under “Limited Registration” and therefore is not eligible to be bred. As a condition to the sale of this puppy by Seller, Buyer agrees to spay or neuter this puppy at between 12-18 months of age. Buyer shall send a copy of the certification of spay/neuter to Seller upon completion. If Buyer fails to comply with the requirements set forth in this section and/or any part of this contract, it would be the damages Seller would suffer given the nature of reputation in dog breeding operations. Accordingly, the parties agree that, in the event of such breach by Buyer, Buyer shall pay to Seller in the amount of $5,000.00; such amount is not a penalty but instead is intended by the parties to be, and shall be deemed, liquidated damages.
8. All parties to this contract agree any legal action resulting from breach of contract or dispute among parties shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida and any suit with respect to this contract must be filed in the Florida county court system of the Seller.
Having read the above, and with full understanding of the contents herein, the undersigned enter into this contract:
Robert Davis and/or Shirley Davis 113 Eberhard Ave., Palatka, FL 32177 Telephone: 386-325-1444 Email: Boshipoodles@gmail.com
Signature of Buyer: ________________________ Date: ________________
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.
Breeder of standard poodle puppies in Florida FL, raised by a reputable, responsible, poodle breeder, east coast, Georgia, GA, Carolina, NC, SC, Alabama, AL, dog , poodle, puppy, puppies, pet, companion, family pets