1. This puppy, is being sold under the terms of this Companion/Pet Contract. All parties in this contract agree to abide by the conditions set forth herein.
2. This puppy is healthy and free of any infectious diseases on the date of ownership transfer to Buyer. The Seller will provide to Buyer the original State of Florida Health Certificate documenting the specific results of a current medical examination by a licensed veterinarian of the puppy conducted prior to ownership transfer to Buyer. Examination by a veterinarian at the expense of the Buyer is recommended within 5 business days of taking custody of puppy. If the puppy is found to be of unsatisfactory health during this 5-business day timeframe, and written documentation from a licensed veterinarian, to include relevant lab results and testing, of the unsatisfactory health condition is presented to the Seller, provided the puppy and the registration papers are returned to the Seller, the puppy will be replaced with the next available puppy or refund the purchase price of the puppy. This guarantee excludes a diagnosis of internal and external parasites.
3. This puppy is of good temperament at the time of the sale and has received the appropriate training and socialization for its age. The Seller takes no responsibility for behavioral abnormalities that develop due to lack of proper training, discipline and socialization after 14 days from the date of transfer to Buyer. Refunds and replacements are not appropriate in such situations.
4. There are certain primary health issues found within the Standard Poodle Breed. As a general rule, the best health guarantee available to a Buyer is to insure their puppy comes from health tested breeding stock. Both the sire and dam have been fully health tested for Hip Dysplasia, Eyes, Thyroid, Heart, Neonatal Encephalopathy, and Von Willebrand's disease and have been deemed “Normal/CLEAR.” Complete health testing records and results for both sire and dam are available for viewing on the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) website, www.ofa.org.
Under the terms of this contract, the Seller guarantees this puppy will be free from hip dysplasia, cataracts, genetic heart disease and von Willebrand’s disease for a period of 3 years from the date of birth of the puppy. If the puppy is overweight or is injured involving the hips then the health warranty regarding hips of this contract is null and void.Orthopedic Foundation for Animals, Inc. (OFA) is the final authority to evaluate for hip dysplasia. A copy of OFA hip results will be sent to Seller. An OFA Companion Animal Eye Registry (CAER) examination performed by a board certified (ACVO) veterinary ophthalmologists is the final authority to evaluate cataracts in eyes. A copy of OFA CAER results will be sent to Seller.
The contract remedy under this guarantee is for Seller to provide a replacement puppy of the same sex to the Buyer, provided the puppy and the registration papers are returned to the Seller, the puppy will be replaced with the next available puppy or refund the purchase price of the puppy.
There are primary health issues in the Standard Poodle Breed for which there are no specific genetic tests available. Seller cannot guarantee your puppy will not develop a genetic health issue in which there is no reliable specific genetic test available. Therefore, Seller cannot guarantee for any other genetic or potentially genetic health issues to include but not limited to: Seizures; Cancer; Addison's Disease; Bloat, or Sebaceous Adenitis.
5. Under the terms of this contract, the Buyer is solely responsible for any and all veterinary expenses incurred after the transfer of ownership from the Seller to the Buyer. Seller has no requirement or obligation to pay for veterinary expenses which occur after the transfer of ownership of this puppy or to reimburse Buyer for their veterinary expenses. Buyer shall complete the "puppy vaccine protocol" within the prescribed time frame if not previously completed by the Seller. Buyer shall also comply with their State regulations pertaining to vaccination for “Rabies".
6. Buyer agrees to provide adequate housing; grooming; and to confine this puppy in a fenced yard or kennel run or walk the puppy on a leash for adequate exercise. The puppy shall not be confined on a fixed rope or chain or allowed to run loose in an unfenced area without supervision and adequate obedience training.
7. The Buyer understands and agrees this puppy is being purchased as a pet only and will never be used for breeding in any way. Buyer further understands and agrees this puppy will be spayed or neutered at the appropriate age as determined by Seller and Buyer, or sometime between 12-18 months of age. In the event the Buyer does violate this clause of the contract, the Seller is to be compensated in the amount of $5000 or up to the limits of small claims court (whichever is greater) filed in the county of the Seller, for liquidated damages to reputation.
Having read the above, and with full understanding of the contents herein, I willingly enter into this contract:
Signature of Seller: ___________________________________________________________________
Signature of Buyer: __________________________________________________________________
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.
Breeder of standard poodle puppies in Florida FL, raised by a reputable, responsible, poodle breeder, east coast, Georgia, GA, Carolina, NC, SC, Alabama, AL, dog , poodle, puppy, puppies, pet, companion, family pets